Characteristics of End Users and Customers
To effectively market your products, you have to understand the characteristics of end users and customers. Make a list of what distinguishes your end users. The list will be specific to your needs, but the following are a few of questions you should certainly be able to answer:
- What are their work goals?
- What is important for them?
- Why would they care about your product?
- What pay grades are they, and how do they use your product?
You also want to understand the characteristics of your customers:
- Are they well funded or extremely budget conscious?
- What industry are they in?
- How do they buy products?
- Are there any regional differences or regional preferences?
- Are they all privately held or public companies?
The more you know about the characteristics of both the end users and customers, the better you can target your products.